Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Time - a short term commodity.

Time is always of the essence. We can use our time in any way we choose. We can meditate, ponder, view the world around us, do a good deed, accomplish a chosen task, invent something new, watch a sunrise or sunset, interact with other people, read, or anything we choose. We can follow directions from someone in authority over us, such as doing the chores assigned us at work, or we can be the person who assigns other's chores and jobs. We can do something "useful" or we can watch a baby learn to crawl, or think of how the world is affecting us. Often "useful" is determined by other's viewpoints, but often the most useful thing we can do is something that is useful in our own perspective. Visiting someone who needs to just have someone to listen to them is useful - to them, but in the long run, very useful to us, because service is the most "useful" use of our time in our lives. In order to be of use to others, we need to have "water" or substance in our "well". That means we need to take time to define our personal parameters. We need to know how we relate to our God, we need to take time to study the scriptures, we need to spend time in prayer, we need to know how our God feels about us...we need to know if, and how much, He loves us...personally. My understanding of how truly Heavenly Father knows me is the foundation for my soul. He knows my innermost thoughts, needs, joys, and sorrows. He will judge me justly. I know this, and it gives me great peace and security. He has given each of us the blessing of time. Time to learn, grow, and prove ourselves to Him. I love Him for this, and I am so grateful for the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment